08 September 2012

Spring rolls.


I can’t think of everything, can I?
Yesterday evening, I was sitting in the lobby of the place that I stay at, waiting for my host to come home from work, when I got my eyes on a magazine.

My Thai language knowledge hasn’t reached the 100% mark yet, so all I can do is go through it and have a look at photos and pictures.
I come across an advertisement for spring rolls. Hmmm, delicious. I still had some of those in my freezer when I left home. Whom did I give those to? I’ve emptied my fridge on departure day and gave the content of it to my mother. But that freezer, hmm, I must have overlooked it.

Spring rolls, a filet of Alaskan pollak, a slice of salmon, and half a bag of  curry rice with chicken will be defrosted by now. They will have transformed into the ideal host and residence for all sorts of little creatures.
I’m almost sure that the scent in my apartment has slightly changed since I left.
The salmon may have grown paws and reached the pond of the nature reserve across the street.

I have two options left: either I report this gently in an email, or I send a text message to Belgium, where it ‘s about 6 pm at that moment.
I decide for option number two, and immediately get a reply: “Just did it, and it started to smell nice”

Aaah, mom’s are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment