04 September 2012

Ready? Set. Go!


Those are the three words that precede every athletics race. I feel like I just started my own competition, although I am playing this in my own league and according to my own rules. This one is not about winning nor about being as fast as possible.

 

Ready?
Yes. This is my race in a true Olympic spirit: taking part is more important than anything else. I’ve been preparing myself and my environment for two years, and I’m pretty sure that we’re all ready for take-off. Except maybe for one person, but hey, is a mother ever ready to be separated from her child for eight months?

 

Set.
Yes. My legs are itching to start moving and my feet are  ready to take me wherever my heart wants me to go. I’ve set my mind on this trip a long time ago, and I’ve come to the point of no return.
My eyes are overlooking the track ahead and my heads nods approvingly.

 

Go!
Yes. My backpack is ready. Destinations are chosen. Tickets are printed. Today is the big day. A final lunch at my mom’s, and my sister and brother in law will pick me up and drive me to the airport. Let’s go!

 
I can’t help but wonder if those two crazy friends of mine will keep their drunken promise of waving me goodbye at the airport…

 

1 comment:

  1. david .
    Een heel goede wereld reis gewenst !
    Echt chic wat je doet.

    Bye groetjes

    kelly

    ReplyDelete