16 October 2010

Next blog? I don't think so!

What happened? I started cursing  at my laptop. This thing has become so f*cking slow!
I ran my antivirus program, and it found some spyware on my computer. Nothing to really worry about, but annoying enough to slow down everything I try to do.
Slowness though, seems to come in graduations, which is funny to observe.
Deredactie.be, my daily source of information, is slower than normal, but it’s still ok. My daily newspaper is a bit more lazy. It loads half the page, waits another minute and then pops up the rest.
Facebook takes forever to load. Although I managed to visit my new Norwegian friend’s page, which brought a smile of happiness to my face. Yes, the small things in life remain important.
And YouTube, to end with, doesn’t work at all anymore.

Does this spyware have its own mind? Does it think it’s ok for me to find out about what’s going on in the neighborhood and in the world, but when it comes to Facebook it turns on some Chinese censor-switch, and YouTube probably is considered the source of all evil. Does it work that way?
Retrieving my steps, and thinking about the websites I’ve visited, I ended up at blogspot.com. Really? Can this be the cause of all trouble?
Apparently it can. A bit of research told me that clicking on the “next blog” button is not a good idea. People use blogspot.com to spread spyware and to install it on your computer.
I’m not telling you to take my advice. I just wanted you to know.
Curiosity killed the cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment