05 August 2011

They're coming!

Less than three weeks. I had to pinch my arm to make sure I’m not dreaming. In less than three weeks I’m having a visitor. From Norway!

I’m so looking forward to Kiki’s visit. We met almost a year ago, in a hotel in Saint-Petersburg, we spent a wonderful first evening together and had a lot of fun during our journey on the transsiberian railway.

After she’s gone, there’s another special person coming to stay with me for a week. A long lost sister. Julie spent a year in our family, in 1974, and – unbelievable but true – she’s coming to see my family and me again in september.
I have to admit that it’s a strange but oh so exciting feeling.
1974, the pre-internet era, which means we completely lost track of each other after she left. I’m so glad I found her again. My sister and I are almost fighting to host her. It’s been 37 years, so I guess we look a bit different since the last time we saw each other.

We haven’t had really nice weather so far, but august 24th, that’s when my summer starts!


No comments:

Post a Comment